1. The City of Mentor-on-the-Lake has asked area snow removal companies to provide quotes for snow removal of driveways for senior citizens and physically challenged Mentor-on-the-Lake residents.
2. This is a driveway only service. This service does not cover shoveling your sidewalks, doorways or steps. You must find other resources to do this if you need help with removing the snow from these areas.
3. If you are interested in this program, please contact the contractor of your choice. Contractors listed on the back will accept clients on a first-come basis.
4. If you choose to participate in this program, you will be contracting directly with a snow removal company. The City will not contact a contractor on your behalf. It will be the responsibility of the contractor of your choice to remove snow from your driveway.
5. Please note: If your driveway must be cleared at a certain time of the day, due to health related issues, please discuss this matter with the snow removal contractor. This should be done prior to your signing a contract.
6. The property owner(s) will be solely responsible for payments to the contractor for work they ordered.
7. Your choice to participate in this program will result in your signing a contract with a private service provider. Please note that no one at City Hall will be able to reach the company by phone or radio. All communications, service problems, etc. shall be handled directly between the homeowner and the private company. In the event that you encounter difficulties, you will have to contact your snow removal contractor directly, using the telephone number provided on your contract. If you are missed, please, contact the company.
8. The snow removal contractor cannot come at a specified time. Most of the snow removal contractors will usually be plowing between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., or when possible, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Snow removal begins when snowfall exceeds 3" in depth. However, snow removal will not start until it has stopped snowing.
9. In general, your driveway should be plowed within eight to twelve hours after the snow has stopped. Your patience during this winter season will be greatly appreciated.
10. Please assist the contractors by displaying your house number in a highly visible location. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to place driveway markers along the edge of the drive apron to guide the snow removal contractors.
11. Minor turf damage or the shifting of stones in your driveway to the lawn or ditch area will be the responsibility of the homeowner to correct in the spring.
This is a paragraph. Double-click the text box and begin editing. Use the text editor to customize your text. It's that easy!